I got feedback from several people also working on the film to change a few things about my last version of this scene. I hadn't quite gotten to the lighting and shadow of the last version, so I did a lot on that, plus I did some more landscaping adding in the mountains, I toned down the car so it wasn't the center of focus, and I made the highlights jump out more, and the shadows more deep to create more contrast between the two, and I made the armadillos next to the fence more distinct and at the center of attention. I also had a request to change the sky back to more of my original design after I was told to use more color from the script and then used too much, so I balanced between my two previous versions of the sky to where you see it now. This has to be the most technical painting of any that I have done. It had over 20 layers: half color, half texture, some lighting and shading layers, etc. I think it turned out nicely, and hopefully my art team leader, lighting leader and director will aggree. They tend to have differences of opinion and keep me guessing alot of the time on what they want, but I think this is definitely headed in the direction of their requests. I'm not even in the major, or industry yet, and I all ready have a feel for how it is to work with people with different ideas and piece them all together to please each one.
No comments:
Post a Comment