Tuesday, November 18, 2008

UV Map paintings and shader BookShelf BYU Film


These are some images of a bookshelf for the BYU film Crossing that I did and the reference art we are to go off of for color. I recently joined the shading texturing team because they don't need any more concept paintings, and digital painting skills carry over into this area they said. I did UV map paintings in photoshop, and used the same images for the slightly raised surface for the wood in Maya. I was told to make it look like laminate board, so that's the look I went for. I made the edges of each shelf slightly faded and some subtle dirt smudges here and there. It matched the image from the reference art pretty close I think. With the lighting in the film, it will be more in shadow like the reference image.


No comments: