These are some images of some drawings I did for my final project. I am deciding to go with the humanoid beetle warrior. I found some images of beetles and will use them to reference some color and possibly texture as well. Last night at class we presented our different ideas, and everyone liked my drawings and alien beetle warrior idea the best. His skirt design is made of all of his enemies wings that he clipped, so when he fights and wins, he doesn't kill them, but takes their wings instead.The other idea was an exoskeleton as well, only robotic. I pictured a tiny alien inside much like in Independence day, only robotic instead of organic suits.
We learned how to put a skeleton inside of our models for the final project in case we want to build the model in a static pose, then build a skeleton and model it the way we want, so we can make a complex pose much easier and faster without having to model it that way. So in class after we learned how to do that, we were given this model of a macaroni man, built a skeleton to attach, and then pose it however we wanted to. I exaggerated his arms really long so that he uses his arms to walk since he has no legs and put him in an action pose of pulling himself across the floor. The original model was just a straight up and down gray noodle, so I colored it yellow, and posed its head and back to coordinate with his actions really easy with the tools we learned about. So now I can model my bug warrior just standing up straight, then pose him much faster with a skeleton attached later on. I am already having a lot of fun with this project, and plan on doing some concept paintings for what my composition will look like over the weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment