Friday, September 12, 2008

3D Castle in Maya


















This is my first project for my intro to Maya class. It's an old war ravaged castle. You can see in many places where there are missing bricks. I spent a whole lot of time this past week on it and am pleased with how it turned out. I combined about three drawings I made for the castle and in the end just decided to go from my own imagination. I had a lot of fun trying out different ideas. We didn't have to make something as big as this, or even as detailed. We just had to show skill in building, duplicating and editing different size and shape bricks. I got bored with just using plain old rectangular bricks, so I created a curved edge brick by extruding the faces and bringing them out and scaling them to appear more rounded. The cool thing about this project was that I only created one brick and duplicated it to create the entire castle except the mountain which I created from a sphere and edited it separately.

2 comments:

Kathy Finch said...

This is super cool - Is that all done on the computer or did you make it and take pictures of it.

I think it is well done either way. SUPER COOL !!!!??!!!!

9TailedFox said...

Thank you. I actually did it all on the computer without any castle photos or real models to reference from. It all came from my wild imagination. It took me all week working a few hours here and there, so probably all together it took around 26+ hours to complete. The most time consuming thing was just rotating or moving the bricks around to make it look more naturally built a long time ago, and like it had been under several attacks in the past.