Friday, April 10, 2009

robot worker assignment

This was last weeks assignment with the theme of robot worker. I did a cleaning robot. This is my usual process after I get the sketch where I want it to be. I trace over it in ink, then scan it in to do a digital painting for a value study trying out different lighting and shadows, then I print it out for reference when I take the inked version from before and use my markers and white paint to finish it. I really liked how it turned out, though the scan of the finished version doesn't look as good as the real thing. I learned why and how to do better scans since then, and when I get my portfolio back, I'll rescan a better image of it.
It's been a little over a week since I turned in my portfolio and have at least another week or two to find out if I got in the animation program or not.

No comments: